Email us now and we will get back to you in 5 hours!

Send aninquiry

FAQ | Keats Education - Learn Chinese with Keats!


Home > FAQ

I want to travel to other cities aftering Chinese at Keats, will Keats help me plan the trip?

Yes, Keats staff will help you book flight tickets and hotel rooms, if needed.


What clothing should I bring?

We will send you a list of what to bring about 2 weeks before you come regarding the temperature and the weather at that time.


Can I use my credit card in Kunming while shopping?

Most stores in Kunming do not accept foreign credit card payment. It would be better if you pay cash when you buy things in China.


Can I drink tap water when I learn Chinese in China at Keats?

In China, we do not drink tap water. In each dorm room, we provide water dispenser with drinking water.


What can I do during the weekends?

The school organized cultural activities every two weeks. The activities include daytrips, group dinner, KTV, playing Chinese games, watching Chinese movies, etc. Students can also travel to Dali and Lijiang by bus or train during the weekends. It takes about 2 to 3 days to visit those places. You can skip your Friday class and leave on Thursday night. After you come back, you can schedule a time with the school to have a make-up lesson.


What do the Chinese language learning students do during their spare time?

Some students stay in their rooms or the library doing their homework; some students go out to explore the city; some students do their volunteer work if they sign up for the Volunteer in China program; and some students do internship work if they sign up for the Internship in China program.


I will find my own accommodation. Can I only take the one-on-one Chinese lessons at Keats School?

Yes, it is possible to learn Mandarin only at Keats School without accommodation. For students who do not live in the school, we charge RMB 100 per hour for one-on-one Chinese instruction. The minimum duration for the course is 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. To be eligible to get a student visa requires a minimum of 16 weeks’ study at Keats.


Will Keats School provide me accommodation?

Yes, all the prices listed on our website (except the small Chinese class) include accommodation (single room with private bathroom). Therefore, you don’t have to look for your own accommodation, which is very convenient.


Will Keats School help me obtain a visa?

Yes, there are two options for visa:

1. Apply for a 1-month/2-month/3-month tourist visa (L) in your country stating that you will be traveling to Kunming (NOT study), and we could change it into a student visa(X) or business visa (F) after you come to China if you only get a one-month tourist visa. Keats School can send you a personal invitation after we receive your deposit.


2. Pay the full tuition fee for the entire course through bank transfer and we will send you the JW 202 form and the official admission letter on behalf of Keats School to apply for a student visa (X) or business visa (F) both with multiple entries directly in your country. There will be USD 50 for international mail and RMB 100 for domestic destinations. The government only issues the JW 202 form when they see a copy of the receipt to show that the student has paid the full tuition fee.


Do I need a visa to take the Chinese language program in China at Keats School?

Yes, you will need a Chinese visa to study in China. Once you have a passport, you can apply for a Chinese visa in the Chinese embassy in your country.


Follow Us on


Copyright ©2004-2019 Keats School
Payment Method